Vacancy of Shift Maintenance Engineer
Applicants are invited to apply for the vacancy of Maintenance Engineer. This position will report directly to the maintenance site lead. This is a salary position which will operate on a shift rotation with a premium applied, the shift rota may change depending on business needs.
The Responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with execution of HSE Programmes including Legal compliance, contractor safety, etc.
- Participate in Garrett Excellence Model activities on a regular basis, including tier meetings, floor visits, rapid problem solving, and continuous improvement discussions
- Integrate health, safety and environmental policies with the Garrett Excellence Model.
- Support the site HSE Management system which is aligned to ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 and an Integrated Pollution Control (IPC) Licence and Partake in site HSE process audit process
- Implement and develop Corporate and regulatory requirements at site
- Actively drive closure of actions associated with audits, inspections, reports, etc. to ensure timely compliance with site metrics
- Support site HSE related projects in all areas and advise on measures required to improve all HSE aspects
- Manage a program of Continuous improvement
- Identification and implementation of projects showing equipment, method and system efficiency/budgetary improvements
- Drive move from reactive to proactive maintenance
- Evaluate the site equipment for electrical/mechanical planned maintenance requirements for optimisation of equipment uptime
- Corrective Action development
- FMEA for machine breakdowns
- Auditing of maintenance systems
- Pareto analysis of equipment issues
- Produce Key performance graphs and assist with the site reports
- Management of Technical Personnel on shift (T&A) (Shift Rota) (Performance)
- Compliance to the sites Quality Standards (ITAF 1649)
- Participate in the customers Manufacturing Excellence Model activities on a regular basis, including tier meetings, floor visits, rapid problem solving, and continuous improvement discussions etc.
- Equipment and maintenance validation
- Projects and NPI planning
- Propose and implement actions for continuous safety improvement
- Support customer with HSE related projects in all areas and advise on measures required to improve all HSE aspects and strict application of all regulatory and internal requirements in terms of QHSE.
- Development of Equipment improvements Plans through Total Productive Maintenance Programs.
- Management of Area Metrics – Equipment Availability, MTTR, MTBF, PM Completion Rate, Equipment Cost.
- Support Sites technical Capital Projects
- Development\Execution of training Shift training plans & Documentation
- Movement of Site Escalations & root Cause Analysis of Problems
- Digitization deployment (SAP, MHS, Maintenance ERP systems)
- Support the sites Energy management System (ISO 500001)
- In coordination with maintenance site lead and planner you role will be to plan, instruct/supervise maintenance personnel on your shift pattern
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change in the future to meet business needs.
Attributes, Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Level 5 Qualification in an Engineering Discipline
- Third Level Engineering qualification an advantage
- Minimum of five years relevant engineering experience in a fast paced, high volume, manufacturing environment, preferably in a multinational matrix organisation
- Embodies a full and thorough commitment to continuous improvement
- Time & Work Planning Skills
- Strong proven ability to build effective working relationships and communicate with people inside and outside of the organisation as necessary to execute the responsibilities of the role
- Proficient numerical ability to record interpret and analyse key process data along with proficient written, numerical and verbal skills plus effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Results orientated, meets commitments taking a proactive approach while focusing on efficiency
- Ability to effectively handle pressure, complexity and conflicting priorities
- Ability to manage projects and changing priorities; make sound decisions under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment
- The successful candidate will exhibit a can do, proactive attitude with a demonstrated, strong work-ethic and drive & should also possess excellent problem solving abilities
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Solid Works